Hornady Precision Hunter .300 PRC 212 Grain Extremely Low Drag – eXpanding 500 rounds
- Best-In-Class BCs: Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in–class BC over its entire trajectory.
- Match Accurate Hunting Bullet: Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP bullet jackets + Heat Shield tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency.
- Devastating Conventional Range Performance: With high velocity, 0–400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high InterLock ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50–60% weight retention.
- Best Extended Range Terminal Performance Available: Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting controlled expansion with a large mushroom and 85–90% retained weight, the bullet provides deep penetration and large cavities. Available as component bullets or in factory loaded Precision Hunter
Loaded with the most advanced all-range hunting bullet available, Precision Hunter Ammunition sets a new standard of accurate, deadly and dependable hunting performance. Your trophy has never been closer– even if it’s far away! Featuring the radically superior ELD-X bullet with patented Heat Shield tip, Precision Hunter will soon be the “go-to” load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges.300 prc precision hunter
The Heat Shield tip of the Hornady ELD-X bullet defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to provide a perfect meplat (tip) that is always the same shape. A streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design, plus the highly concentric AMP bullet jackets, combined with the patent pending Heat Shield tip creates a supremely accurate, high BC match bullet. ELD-Match bullet BCs are measured with Doppler radar and corrected to standard atmospheric conditions. With high velocity, 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high Interlock ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention. Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting conventional expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight the bullet provides deep penetration and large wound cavities. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
The 300 PRC is an intelligently crafted 21st century magnum cartridge specifically designed to take advantage of long, heavy for caliber bullets capable of delivering the highest levels of accuracy and aerodynamic performance.
Based on the 375 Ruger cartridge case, the 300 PRC is non-belted and uses a standard .532” magnum bolt face and headspaces off the 30 degree shoulder. This results in better chamber alignment than standard belted magnum cartridges and allows for improved stacking and feeding from fixed magazines. The 300 PRC cartridge and chamber were designed concurrently combining to provide excellent alignment and highly tuned performance. The cartridge case is designed to use common, temperature stable, magnum speed rifle powders producing extremely consistent velocity and increased barrel life compared to currently available magnum cartridges.
- Heat Shield Tip forms the perfect meplat
- No tip deformation from aerodynamic heating
- Match accurate hunting bullet
- Devastating terminal performance at all ranges
|Number of Rounds||500|
|Bullet Type:||Extremely Low Drag – eXpanding (ELD-X)|
|Bullet Weight:||212 grain|
|Cartridge Case Material:||Brass|
|Muzzle Velocity:||2860 ft/s|
|Muzzle Energy:||3850 ft-lbs|
|G1 Ballistic Coefficient:||0.673|
|Application:||Large Game, Medium Game|
|G7 Ballistic Coefficient:||0.336|